The title says it all. Baobab trees are fantastic and impactful in person. Here is a beautiful pair of images from Christopher Wilson, showing a Baobab at dusk, just as the stars begin lighting up the African skies.
And just for fun, here are some interesting facts about the Baobab:
- Baobab is called Adansonia, named after French naturalist Michel Adanson
- 9 different species of Baobab exist
- The largest Baobab had a trunk circumference of 154 feet!
- The rings of a Baobab fade as they grow, making them very hard to count and assess age
- Baobabs can store up to 32,000 gallons of water in their trunks to combat harsh weather conditions