Creating a home bar is a fantastic way to elevate your at-home entertaining game. Whether you’re hosting a small gathering or just enjoying a quiet night in, having a well-stocked home bar is essential. But it’s not just about the drinks; having the right tools and drinkware can make all the difference. In this blog post, we’ll cover the essential tools and drinkware you need for a proper home bar.
1. Shaker: A cocktail shaker is an essential tool for any home bar. It allows you to mix and chill your cocktails quickly and efficiently. Look for a shaker with a built-in strainer for easy pouring.
2. Jigger: A jigger is a small measuring cup used to ensure accurate measurements when making cocktails. Look for a jigger with both ounce and milliliter measurements.
3. Bar spoon: A bar spoon is a long-handled spoon used to stir cocktails. Look for a spoon with a twisted handle, which makes it easier to mix drinks.
4. Strainer: A strainer is used to remove ice and other solids from a cocktail. Look for a strainer with a tight mesh to ensure a smooth pour.
5. Muddler: A muddler is used to crush herbs, fruits, and spices in cocktails. Look for a muddler with a flat end for mashing and a textured end for grinding.
Bonus: A bar cart.
Not only does a bar cart help to keep all of your tools in one, moveable space, but it’s a distinctive addition to your home, and can provide an aesthetic
1. Rocks glass: A rocks glass, also known as a lowball glass, is perfect for serving cocktails over ice. Look for a thick, sturdy glass that can withstand the weight of ice. We love a heavy rocks glass with a cut pattern, which adds distinction to your cocktails.
2. Martini glass: A classic martini glass is an elegant addition to any home bar. Look for a glass with a stemmed design and a wide, shallow bowl.
3. Highball glass: A highball glass is tall and narrow and perfect for serving mixed drinks like mojitos or gin and tonics. Look for a glass that can hold around 10-12 ounces.
4. Wine glasses: Wine glasses come in many different shapes and sizes, but a basic set of red and white wine glasses will cover most of your needs. Look for glasses with a thin rim and a sturdy stem.
Having a well-stocked home bar is about more than just having the right alcohol on hand. The right tools and drinkware can make all the difference when it comes to mixing the perfect cocktail. By investing in a few key items, you can create a home bar that is not only functional but also stylish and sophisticated. So whether you’re hosting a party or just relaxing at home, make sure your home bar is stocked with these essential tools and drinkware.